When it comes to music, my song picks end with anything that has strong lyrics. A song that marries the sensation it evokes with the emotion it comes from sticks to my playlist for a long time. This may be because of that thing about music – it connects, makes you feel less lonely. So, today I decided to list down a few such songs; I call it my ‘feels playlist’ as it has the power to soothe my melancholy and elevate my joy.
Nostalgia: The songs that disinter the sweet moments.
Journey: Companions for when the going gets tough.
- Step You Can’t Take Back by Kiera Knightley (Begin Again)
- This Road is Long by Tom Rosenthal
- Sleep on the Floor by The Lumineers
- All We Do by Oh Wonder
Perseverance: For me, these songs are like anthems that obviate the blues.
- Plans by Oh Wonder (An alt-pop duo, and one of my favourites.)
- Keep Your Head Up by Ben Howard
- All of them Dreams by Tom Rosenthal
The Rationals: These songs can work wonders to kill the din and clutter of a bad day from your mind.
- Drunk Drivers/Killer Whales
- Fill in the Blank (From Teens of Denial by Car Seat Headrest, an indie rock band)